Saturday, April 30, 2016

April Spotlight is Shari




Hi Everyone! It feel awkward to spotlight myself in this round, and I’ve waited to do it.


I am the youngest of four children. You all know my older sister Tam and we have two brothers in between us, Brad and Greg. I grew up in a small town called, Preston, ID. You may know it from the movie Napoltian Dynamite. My dad owned a lumber store called, “Preston Lumber Company.”


I learned to play the piano at a young age, I also was involved in competition dancing until I was 13. I’ve always loved to dabble in drawing, arts and crafts.
My mom was pretty encouraging that way. In highschool I was in an Acapella Choir, and had some amazing experiences being involved with that. I attended Utah State University in Logan, UT and went on an LDS mission to Nashville, TN.


Dan and I reside in Layton, UT with our two dogs, Reeses and Benji. I am an artist and surface designer.  You also know I design fabrics for Riley Blake Designs, which is pretty fun. My latest line is Wistful Winds and it comes out in September 2016. I’m currently working on some new designs to submit in for some more fabric.  


Tam came to my house last weekend to help do some major sewing for Quilt Market. She’s been and amazing help to me and I LOVE my SISTER! Right now Dan and I are on a health life changing path and it’s been an amazing journey! Here’s some insight into my studio, the cutting board was built by my husband and my desk and sewing table was made by my friend, Craig Jensen.


So that’s a little insight into who I am. ;) All pictures by Tamara!


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Love you back my favorite sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad! I would have been happy to "interview" you Shari! Thanks for sharing with us! I love seeing creative spaces... yours looks so relaxing! I can't believe how much Tam and you look alike (from a couple posts ago)! No doubting that you are sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really interested in how a person gets the inspiration for creating a fabric line, then how does the process work? I am always amazed at "fabric" I love colors.....Just curious

    ReplyDelete