Sunday, March 27, 2016

March Spotlight - Calli!

Let’s get to know Calli!


IMG_0792.JPG

Hi Bee Friends,  I’m so excited for March.  It’s one of my favorite months of the year!  I grew up in Salt Lake City and am the oldest of 5.  I learned to quilt from my mom, Leslie Ison who has been a quilter for many years.  I fell in love with fabric as a girl, going with my mom to Gentler Times.  Gentler Times was a wonderful quilt shop in an old house in Salt Lake.  Mom worked and taught quilting classes there for many years.  She is an amazing quilter and teacher, and I feel very lucky to continue to learn from her.  
IMG_9154.JPG

I am a mom of three teenagers who are all in middle school.  My son is in 9th grade and my twin daughters are in 8th.  Maybe I shouldn’t say this too loud, but so far, I love being a mom of teenagers.  They are a lot of fun, interesting, and even inspiring to be around.  We enjoy skiing together as a family and the rest of the year is spent watching them play a lot of soccer.  

IMG_6915.JPG
Did you know that soccer and quilting go together?  I rarely leave for a game without having “halftime” hexies or other handwork projects.  


In my spare time, I love to read or watch old Hitchcock movies with my girls.  I also love to cook and bake.  I love to be at home, but I also love to travel.  My favorite treats are hot homemade bread right out of the oven and good pie.  

What do you like to do with your spare time?

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment